The Shoe Saga
THE SHOES SAGA! There is no denying – when you got to wear heels you got to wear heels!!!
However great they may look-It is also undeniable that wearing heels comes with a lot of discomfort & pain!
So, here are some tips to reduce that discomfort; things you can do both BEFORE & AFTER you step out to rock those beauties!
1. Let’s start with the obvious first---Be logical and wear high heels only when you don't have to walk a lot.
2. Make shoe purchases in the evening when your feet are at their largest.
3. If at the party you have a choice of standing on a hard floor or on a soft floor (carpets), go for the soft one as it is be more cushioning. And your feet will not hurt too quickly!
4. Slip in gel insoles for better weight distribution, shock absorption & most importantly- to avoid sliding forward of your toes (it looks ugly)!
5. Wear stockings as they provide an extra layer of protection -blisters due to rubbing of feet on insoles can be totally avoided.
6. Platform heels are a good option as they give you the desired lift yet do not arch your foot abnormally.
7. 2 ½ inch heels are most comfortable. Try various heights before you finalize your comfort zone!
8. Boots are expensive & a staple in cold regions... The taller the boot- the higher the restriction caused by it while walking.... do your research before you swipe your credit card.
9. Don’t just stick to stilettos-Thicker-heeled shoe creates greater stability and balance.
10. Alternate wearing heels, flats, boots, and sneakers, rotating daily to prevent straining of a muscle & it will also give you a new look each time!
11. The thicker the heel, the better the cushioning- Avoid thin heels especially in stilettos.
12. In heels walk the same way you would with flats - with each step you take, place your heel on the ground first, and then the ball of your foot/toes.
13. When home, go for a soak in warm water with Epsom salt –to reduce inflammation & cramping.
14. After the party toss the heels & stretch out to relax your calf muscles.
15. For swelling- sit, prop up your feet & relax!
16. Got blisters- Treat them with Neosporin & cover with bandage.
Go now rock those meanies in style like no one cares!
Neha Bhandari StylizedU www,stylized.com